RECIPE - Super easy chocolate truffles
I made this recipe for an online demo that I did today for the Reboot and Cleanse programme (www.ck-health.com) and it was so popular I thought it might be a fun to share it here too....
Firstly, these beauties are rich and dark! There is absolutely no sugar in the recipe so if you are not used to the intensity of dark chocolate, be warned!! Having said that, if you add in a date or two let me know how it works out. It could add in the extra sweetness that some palates prefer.
Note about activating hazelnuts:
Not all nuts are activated in the same way. For hazelnuts, soak them at least 8 hours or overnight in spring water preferably. Then roast them for about 40 minutes at about 120˚C. I recommend checking them and turning them regularly until they are completely dry and golden brown.
Activating nuts means they are easier to digest and often crunchier and tastier at the same time.
Recipe for avocado, hazelnut and chocolate truffles - protein-rich bites
1/2 medium avocado
1/4 cup cacao butter
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 cup organic hazelnuts (ideally activated beforehand)
1 scoop protein powder
- Shave or grate the cacao butter and put in a bowl over a bain-marie with gently simmering water below.
- When the cacao butter starts to melt turn off the heat.
- Meanwhile, put aside 10 hazelnuts and chop or grind roughly the rest.
- When the cacao butter has completely melted, stir in the raw cacao powder until the lumps have gone.
- In a bowl and using a fork mash up the avocado with the protein powder.
- Pour in the chocolate mix and blend well until a smooth malleable paste is formed - add extra protein powder if necessary.
- Immediately roll the paste into small balls, pop a roasted hazelnut in the middle and roll in the chopped hazelnuts.
- Put into the fridge or freezer to harden.
These are great chocolatey treats. I hope you like them. I'd love to hear how you get on!